Who We Are
The Friends of the Library of Los Altos and Community is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization that raises funds in support of the Los Altos Library. Our annual contribution of over $100,000 helps maintain and improve library collections and facilities at both the Main and Woodland branches, as well as funds most of the programs for patrons of all ages.
See who serves on our Executive Board and chairs our Committees.
Our Sources of Funds
- Administrative costs are covered through membership dues of $10/year
- Library collections, facility improvements, and programs are funded by:
- Sales of donated books, media, and other materials
- Cash contributions
- Proceeds from the Friends Cafe in the Main Library
How You Can Support the Los Altos Library
- Join the Friends of the Library
- Donate books, CDs, DVDs, puzzles and games
- Donate funds
- Shop at our book sales
- Patronize the Friends' Cafe in the Main Library
- Volunteer your time
To learn more please contact us.